Happy New Year! At this time in 2014, we were full of excitement and trepidation as we started on this journey of worker-ownership after purchasing our business from our retiring boss. Now, we can look back at our first year as a cooperative and feel proud of our accomplishments:
- Completing 140+ beautiful landscape construction projects including hardscape, plants, lawns, and custom site furnishings
- Providing ongoing organic landscape maintenance services to 120 Boston-area households and condo associations
- Fulfilling our goal of job creation by increasing our staff to 22 people
- Receiving an Economic Development grant for our development of a democratic workplace
- Sharing our knowledge by speaking at the NOFA Winter Conference, the US Federation of Worker Cooperatives National Conference, the Worcester Roots‘ workshop on Cooperative Conversions, and the WORC’N Worker-Ownership Meet-Up
Thank you to everyone who continues to support our efforts by referring friends, offering constructive criticism, making us coffee, and sending us love notes. We wish you a healthy and growth-filled 2015!